Traffic Control Officer with 5 years’ cognate experience in similar functions is needed:
• HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Science; or
• HND/Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline plus a Master’s Degree in Transportation.
Duties will include:
• Design and preparation of traffic control specifications, standards and protocols for project sites;
• Advice on appropriate traffic control signs and devices;
• Planning and supervision of traffic management and controls, including diversions;
• Regular monitoring and inspection of traffic control standards at project sites;
• Routine inspection of application of traffic control signs and devices at project sites;
• Prompt investigation, detection and correction of observed deficiencies and/or inadequacies in traffic control design, signs and devices;
• Liaison with relevant Government agencies/authorities on road diversions, monitoring of road closures, maintenance of traffic controls and compliance with applicable laws/regulations, including procurement of required approvals/permits.
The successful candidate will be based in Abuja, but job will involve visits to project sites in other parts of the country.
The position requires sound knowledge of traffic control/management, road safety measures, road markings and signs, traffic control signs and devices as well the applicable laws/regulations (both local and international). Good communication skill and ability to work under pressure are some of the required attributes.
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive.